Sunway Restaurant- Real Taiwanese Delight! ~ Eating With Kirby

31 July 2011

Sunway Restaurant- Real Taiwanese Delight!

Oh, how I've waited so long to come here..! Ever since I read Chowtime's post on this restaurant's unique dish, I have wanted to try this restaurant out. Apparently, they have a dish called "Dead Man's Coffin" and it is a hollowed out bread box type thing filled with cream of seafood soup. Sounds pretty cool right?? Sadly, I couldn't find it on the menu so I'm not sure if they took that item out. :/ Or maybe I just wasn't looking closely enough..hm..


Meta Knight and I came here yesterday, all drained from walking around downtown and English Bay in the afternoon. When we first walked in, there were only 2 other tables, but when we left, the entire restaurant was full. A lot of people ordered take-out too. 


Meta Knight ordered the Popcorn Chicken Noodle in Soup ($6.95) because I told him it was supposedly very good, according to all the food blogs I read. :P The chicken was very tender and fried until just right. I would, however, have liked more fried basil with this dish and to not have them all crumble into tiny tiny bits on the bottom of the bowl. 

This is the noodle in soup that came with his chicken. Very normal. It was super light and refreshing. One thing that really stands out to me about this restaurant is that they claim to not use any msg or meat tenderizer in their dishes. If this is true (and I really hope this isn't just a false claim), it's a major plus in my book. :)


I ordered the Sunway Beef Noodle Soup ($6.95). See? I ordered noodle in soup again.. I really need to try order other items.. The soup was super super flavourful and it had the perfect balance of sour and salty. I don't normally love Taiwanese beef noodle in soup offered in other bubble tea places, but I do like this one here. The meat was tender and marbled with just enough tendon/ fatty parts.

Look at that huge chunk of meaty goodness! It might not look big to you in the picture, but trust me, that baby was huge. O.O

Overall, very satisfying dinner for Meta Knight and I. We will definitely return again! Maybe I'll try a fried rice next time... yumm...

Overall rating: 4.5/5

Happy Eating!



Sunway Restaurant 三味食堂 on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...