Easiest & Healthiest Cookie In The World Recipe! ~ Eating With Kirby

20 March 2013

Easiest & Healthiest Cookie In The World Recipe!

I am going to introduce you to the easiest and healthiest cookie recipe in the world. Not. Joking. The basic cookie formula consists of: bananas, and oats. That's it! If you are thinking... 'how could this be?' or 'you're lying!!', keep scrolling down and I'll show you. 

Even though the two ingredients I mentioned are all you need, I actually like to put a pinch of other ingredients such as dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, or peanut butter to spruce it up a bit.

Mash up one and a half ripe large bananas with a potato masher. Fork works fine if you don't happen to have a masher on hand. Mash it up real good until you can barely see any banana chunks.

Stir in one cup of 100% unprocessed dry oats. That's it! Once you mix both ingredients together, the result is a clumpy delicious mess that can be scooped onto a baking sheet for baking. I wanted a bit more sweetness to it so I added a tiny bit of dark chocolate chips and a pinch of cinnamon spice.

Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins or until slightly golden brown.

The result is an absolutely healthy and guilt free cookie that you can eat any time of day! I actually dislike oatmeal a LOT so this recipe is perfect for a person like me because now I can consume whole grains in a different way! A much more delicious way as well, in my opinion. :D

I made these cookies again on another occasion and I put in two bananas instead of one and a half which resulted in a more moist, banana-ey, bread like consistency. I enjoy this softer texture more so I might stick with two bananas from now on. As well, I added 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter in the mix so the result was a scrumptious peanut butter chocolate chip cookie but with no added fat, sugar, oil, gluten, or soy!! Say, what?!

This cookie is extremely versatile so feel free to mix things up and add in dried fruit, nuts, or even fresh fruit. :) If you do happen to try this recipe out, please leave a comment on how it went and if you like it or not!

Here is the original recipe by blogilates (favourite youtube fitness guru at the moment).

Happy Healthy Eating!


courtesy of http://themetapicture.com/so-you-drink-diet-soda/

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...