Richmond Night Market- I Only Go For The Food. ~ Eating With Kirby

30 June 2013

Richmond Night Market- I Only Go For The Food.

With the weather finally starting to look like summer (finally!!), its the perfect time to go check out the Richmond Night Market. Hey, we need to utilize the extra hours of sunshine we get at night somehow right?

There are two night markets going on in Richmond right now, one is called Summer Night Market (my post on it here), and this one is called Richmond Night Market. This one is A LOT larger than the other one (not to mention double the food stalls :D) and is apparently the 'official' night market.

Meta Knight and I went cray cray over this food stall. We ordered the Mango Tapioca Icy ($5)...TWICE. We got one right when we arrived and went back for another to wash down all the food we ate. Like I said, cray cray.

Their Mango Tapioca Icy had incredibly fresh ripe mango chunks, tapioca pearls, coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and icy. This is probably the coolest, fruitiest, most refreshing drink you can get at the Richmond Night Market and I urge everyone to try one before you leave.

Mogu has a stall at the Night Market but they also serve out of their food truck on Howe & Dunsmuir. I heard their Sweet and Spicy Chicken Karaage ($5 for 3 pcs) was to die for so how can I just skip over this food truck? The friendly and flamboyant Japanese service was also a plus.

The Chicken Karaage was beautifully presented and they weren't kidding around with the portion sizes. Three pieces were enough to bring both Meta Knight and I into satiation. The spicy component was just enough to tingle my tongue without burning my taste buds off.

Mogu Japanese Street Eats on Urbanspoon

Saucy Pops is another food stall serving up chicken, but this time, in the form of Homemade Chicken Wonton Lollipops ($5 for 4 pcs)! Cool concept right?

If you are cool enough, you can get posted onto their Hall of Fame!

After lots of experimentation, they came up with four mouthwatering aiolis to go with their chicken lollipops. The citrus chili gave a burst of bright warm flavours while the wasabi surprisingly cooled things down. The honey mustard was my personal favourite because it reminded me of eating chicken strips with White Spot's famous honey mustard sauce. The slightly heated korean spicy sauce was also delicious and should not be forgotten.

I highly recommend these to people who like to eat things on a stick and love tasting new flavours. Thanks Louis for providing these lollipops! They were delicious and actually exceeded my expectations in the flavour department! Great job :)

Even though a lot of food items are overpriced at the Richmond Night Market, I still enjoy coming from time to time to try out new vendors and for the sole purpose of eating on the street. I don't know why, but I LOVE street food! Check out my street food adventures in South Korea and Hong Kong. :)

Happy (Street) Eating!


courtesy of http://www.foodragon.com/2012/09/19/china-food-and-drinks-meme-collection/

Richmond Night Market on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...