G-Men/ Ramen Izakaya @ NanChuu - Ramen 101 ~ Eating With Kirby

4 September 2013

G-Men/ Ramen Izakaya @ NanChuu - Ramen 101

Meta Knight has been trying to get me to go to NanChuu on Alexandra road for the longest time but we always happen to go on the only day they close! Wednesday! 

We finally tried this place out one Friday and he insisted we get ramen and chicken karaage.

If you didn't know already, the ramen shop G-Men moved to collaborate with their sister restaurant, NanChuu so if you miss G-Men's ramen since their closure, you can get it here.

Very visual menus. Perfect for indecisive people or ramen amateurs that have no clue what each name means.

We like how they have a Ramen 101 stuck on the wall for all novices. I was a total sucker for it and followed their every step. :P

Both Meta Knight and I chose the Shoyu Ramen ($8.75) which seems to be signature true-tried ramen of the bunch. The noodles were perfectly chewy which is the way I like it. Egg was good but not as great as the egg from Marutama. Overall, it was a dreamy rainy day type of dish that I would gladly come back for.

Although Meta Knight and all his coworkers absolutely adore the Chicken Karaage but I found it to be a bit bland and under fried. They were extremely plump juicy pieces of chicken, don't get me wrong, but I just thought it lacked a little seasoning and could have stayed in the fryer a little longer.

All in all, I love NanChuu (regardless of the subpar chicken) and all that they have to offer, especially their delicious ramen choices. And you'll fund me downing a bowl of noodles here every time it rains in Vancouver.

Service Rating: 4.5/5
Food Rating: 4/5
Price: $-$$

Overall Rating: 4/5

Happy Eating!

 G-Men / Ramen Izakaya @ NanChuu 南廚 on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...