Kiku Sushi - Just Gorgeous. ~ Eating With Kirby

19 January 2014

Kiku Sushi - Just Gorgeous.

For anyone who works near the Metropolis/ Metrotown area, I found a new restaurant for you guys to try. I would even say its a hidden gem. 

My coworker Robot recommended me to this place for fresh raw oysters and when we first got in, they told us they were out. We were so ready to leave because we REALLY wanted oysters at the time but decided not to be mean and stay.

What surprised us about the food was that it was actually really really delicious! For a restaurant that is pretty much unheard of, we were not expecting to be wowed like this.

We started with the Winter California Roll ($5.50). All of their 'winter' rolls are torched and we chose this which is essentially a California Roll with raw scallops on top and a dollop of Motoyaki mayo that has been torched. The combination of fresh scallops and decadent smokey mayo really made me salivate and I absolutely fell in love with this roll! Some people on Urbanspoon said they hated this roll but I loved it so you should taste this and judge for yourself.

The Kiku Roll ($10.95) had shrimp tempura inside, avocado and unagi on the outside. The roll was pretty standard but it could have been stuffed with more ingredients I think.

Lastly we shared the Tuna Oil Tataki ($9.95) which came with 10 pieces of tuna tataki smothered in oil and green onion. This plate was ginormous, gorgeous, and completely not what we expected. For ten bucks this was really worth it because they gave us such thick pieces of tuna. Must get item!

We ended up spending about 16 dollars each.

All in all, I think I'll come here instead of Sushi Garden whenever I want a sushi fix near Metrotown because the prices are reasonable and the rolls are pretty dynamite. Again, the Tuna Oil Tataki is amazing so I highly recommend it!

Service Rating: 3.5/5
Food Rating: 3.5/5
Price: $$

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Happy Eating!

 Kiku Sushi on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...