Sushi Han (Richmond) - Small Family Owned Restaurant ~ Eating With Kirby

23 March 2014

Sushi Han (Richmond) - Small Family Owned Restaurant

I've lived in Richmond all my life and for some odd reason, I've never been to Sushi Han, the incredibly popular (by word of mouth) family-owned Japanese joint on No.2 and Blundell. 

My friend Misu decided on this restaurant so Nature Girl and I met up with her here. She's been here apparently over 20 times cause it's her favourite go-to Japanese place.

They used to be located in another area of the strip mall but have recently moved during all the renovation going on. They are next to BMO and Cobs Bread.

Based on Misu, this new location is a lot more spacious and comfortable to sit in now. I did notice a very family vibe going on that I really liked. Not a hint of pretentiousness here.

 Nature Girl chose the 1/2 Order Salmon Sashimi ($5.00) and we were surprised to see a lean deep red cut as opposed to 'normal' farmed sashimi that has a lighter colour and fattier texture. This was definitely wild sockeye salmon. Giant thumbs up on quality.

Based on Misu's recommendation, we both ordered the Seafood Salad ($8.95) which consisted of baby shrimp, wild sockeye salmon sashimi, tuna sashimi, raw scallops, and greens with a wasabi dressing.

I gotta say... this was incredible. I can easily order this every time I come. You might think raw seafood on lettuce is a weird combination, but it totally works when mixed with the wasabi dressing. It is super refreshing and light on the carbs which is great if you're trying to eat clean.

The Unagi Don ($10.95) looked pretty delicious but it's the typical packaged teriyaki unagi on Japanese rice.

We all shared the Assorted Tempura ($9.95) which came with three shrimps, mushroom, pepper, zucchini, yam, and carrot. The batter wasn't too thick and it was freshly fried.

Overall, I had a fantastic time at Sushi Han and I will definitely be coming back. I like the concept of supporting local businesses so I'm also uber happy about the fact that they're a family-owned establishment. Their prices are reasonable, the quality of their food was surprisingly high, so all in all, its a great place for Japanese eats in Richmond.

Service Rating: 4.5/5
Food Rating: 4/5
Price: $$

Overall Rating: 4/5

Happy Eating!

Sushi Han on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...