Chef of Dumplings - Roti, Spicy Squid, and Dumplings in Aberdeen ~ Eating With Kirby

12 May 2014

Chef of Dumplings - Roti, Spicy Squid, and Dumplings in Aberdeen

I am not ashamed to admit that I really enjoy eating at the Aberdeen food court. Heck, when my friends ask me where I want to go for lunch, I even suggest coming here! 
  
Recently they opened up a new stall called "Chef of Dumplings" near Jang Mo Jib and Tofu Hotpot. My mom was enticed by their inexpensive combo so we decided to give them a try. After all, handmade dumplings are always more delicious than store bought ones.

Their Chef of Dumplings Trio Combo ($7.75) came with handmade roti, spicy squid/pork/lamb, four dumplings of your choice, and imitation shark fin/hot and sour soup. First, the hot and sour soup was nowhere hot enough so my mom didn't really enjoy it. Second, the dumplings tasted actually like the ones I could make at home, which leads me to believe they don't either hand make them or it's just not executed well.

The roti however was magical. Flaky, oily, and oh so delicious. It was definitely an incredibly indulgent piece of pancake. It tasted quite good when wrapped around the spicy squid. The squid was abundant but SOO spicy and fragrant. The spices were so strong that it was actually overpowering everything else. Weirdly enough, I still enjoyed it. Haha.

All in all, Chef of Dumplings was okay but by no means is it a stall I'd return to over and over again.

Service Rating: N/A
Food Rating: 2.5/5
Price: $

Overall Rating: 2.5/5

Happy Eating!

 Chef of Dumplings on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...