Pinkberry (Metrotown)- It's Cute, It's Tasty, It's a Bit Pricey ~ Eating With Kirby

16 December 2011

Pinkberry (Metrotown)- It's Cute, It's Tasty, It's a Bit Pricey

Pinkberry just opened up a new location at the Metrotown food court and I went (on two occasions) to try out how their frozen yogurt compares to the other franchises like Qoola and Yogen Fruz.


Their store and colour scheme looked so cute! Quite girly too in my opinion :P Clearly females are their target market.

The line starts at the end of the row and you first choose your flavour of frozen yogurt, then your toppings, and then you pay at the end.

They have a variety of very delicious toppings to choose from! The way they work is that when you choose a size, you also have to choose whether you want “toppings” or not. If you choose “toppings”, then you get to pick whatever toppings you want so as “it fits in the cup comfortably”. They have a bunch of cut up fresh fruit, mochi, swirl pearls, chocolate pieces, brownie bites, syrups, waffle pieces, etc.

On my first visit, I ordered the Mini ($2.95) size because I only wanted a small snack. It came up to about $3.50 with tax and I thought it was a pretty good deal because I got a lot of toppings with my yogurt! I chose green tea as my flavour and mochi (as always), two types of swirl pearls (same as the Qoola ones- post here), a waffle piece, and chocolate shavings as my toppings.

The yogurt at Pinkberry tasted more tart to me but I’m not sure if it’s their yogurt base or the green tea flavour. I liked it though. The ingredients were all fresh and I liked how the swirl pearls popped in my mouth! It’s so fun. :D

On my second visit, I came here with Meta Knight and we ordered a Small ($5.55) size to share. Boy, what a difference in price!! It came up to around $6.50 with taxes... it’s almost double the price of the Mini and only a tiny bit bigger in size! Not happy. She also didn’t swirl it as high as the other person from my last visit. I know, I'm very picky when it comes to frozen yogurt.

We chose a green tea and original swirl for the flavour and mochi, chocolate chips, “health bar”(tastes like Skor), fresh strawberry, and fresh watermelon. We both enjoyed it but did not think it was any better than Qoola in terms of taste. As for the prices, Qoola is definitely cheaper and you get to do-it-yourself which is always fun too as you can adjust everything to your taste. 

Based on these reasons:
  • pretty much the same as Qoola
  • a great variety of toppings and fresh fruit
  • prices are a bit steep (unless you get the Mini size!)
  • nothing particularly special


Service Rating: 4/5
Food Rating: 3/5
Price: $

Overall Rating: 3/5

Happy Eating!


Pinkberry on Urbanspoon

1 reacties:

  1. Its actually called a "Heath bar" not health :-) From Herseys

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...