Coast Restaurant - Delicious Noms ~ Eating With Kirby

25 January 2015

Coast Restaurant - Delicious Noms

I always found Coast to be a very cool place to lounge and chat with friends. Their Happy Hour which happens daily from 3-6pm is also very enticing so Meta Knight and I came one day for an early dinner.

Unfortunately, I had a gift card I wanted to use but the waitress said it didn't work with other promotions (ex.happy hour). Boo.

I forgot what drinks we ordered but they were on special and it tasted delicious.

I always like the open kitchen concept. I love watching chefs at work doing what they do best.

Their Crispy Garlic Calamari (50% off $13.95) comes served in a little bamboo dim sum steamer. It's a really cute concept that's more for presentation than anything.

These Truffle Parmesan Fries (50% off $8.95) were the bomb! If you like the taste of truffle oil, parmesan, and rosemary, you will love this rich combination.

I enjoyed the Prawn Mac' n Cheese (50% off $12.95) the most out of all the dishes we ordered. I liked the fact that it wasn't too rich, yet the robust cheese was still prominent throughout.

You can never go wrong with buck-a-shuck oysters. :)

This is a must order dish! The Thai Steamed Mussels (50% off $19.95) consisted of a lemongrass and spicy coconut curry, served with a big piece of crusty garlic bread.

The broth was spectacular and really held it's own. I recommend dipping your fries or getting extra bread on the side to soak up all the broth.

At the end of the day, Coast is a solid seafood restaurant with great variety and affordable prices during happy hour. It's not one of the restaurants in Vancouver I'd recommend to a tourist staying for, let's say, a few days, but it is good for an occasional birthday birthday or romantic dinner.

Service Rating: 3/5
Food Rating: 3.5/5
Price: $$$-$$$$

Overall Rating: 3/5

Happy Eating!


            Don't you ever feel like this at some fine dining restaurants?

Coast Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...