Healthy Avocado Smoothie Recipe ~ Eating With Kirby

15 November 2012

Healthy Avocado Smoothie Recipe

I love avocados. Period. It is a magnificent vegetable because it is creamy, spreadable, and delicious on everything. I find it extremely versatile too because you can do pretty much anything with them. I've eaten them as is with just some salt and pepper, and I also blended them before into a pasta sauce. This time I decided to attempt the interesting concept of  Avocado Smoothie
I understand you can use almond milk if you want to keep it lower in fat but since I love regular milk, I just used that instead. I also added some grounded flax seed into the smoothie to make it rich in fiber.

Avocado Smoothie
(healthy fats, rich in magnesium, folate, and potassium)

Ingredients:
1/2 of an avocado
1 cup of milk (adjust to desired consistency)
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 of a frozen banana
1 teaspoon of grounded flax seed

1. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.

If you can see in the background, I have half a frozen banana. I added it into my smoothie because bananas act as a natural sweetener and since it's frozen, it turns the smoothie slightly cold (nobody wants a warm smoothie!).

So first comes the avocado.

Then I add the frozen banana and milk.

Then drizzle the honey and throw in the flax seed. Now blend!

I really enjoyed this healthy smoothie and I definitely will be making this more often. It's a good way to use up your overripe avocados! If you are willing to give it a try, let me know your thoughts on this smoothie! 

Happy Eating!

1 reacties:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...