Anton's Pasta Bar - Carbs on Carbs on Carbs... ~ Eating With Kirby

4 March 2015

Anton's Pasta Bar - Carbs on Carbs on Carbs...

I find that there are only two types of eaters at Anton's Pasta Bar. There are Lovers, and there are Haters.

The Lovers LOVEEE the fact that their portions are huge and make it a personal life goal to finish the whole plate in one sitting. The Haters don't find Anton's authentic which makes their inevitable queue even MORE unbearable. They just go because the Lovers drag them to go. 

As you can probably tell... I'm one of the Lovers. And I (along with my three Lover buddies JorJor, #ThugLife, and Stely) totally dragged my Hater friend to come... Muahaha

To read one of my first experiences at Antons, click here. They always start you off with what I think is Ciabatta Bread. It doesn't come warmed up so what Meta Knight and I usually do is save it for our saucy calamari because it goes great with sauce. It's not that great on its own.

My dear friends... this is the must get item at Anton's if you enjoy smoked salmon even slightly. It's called Smoked Salmon in Dill Cream Sauce (Linguine Con Salmone Affumicato) and it will blow your mind. I get mine with whole wheat rotini (free swap) instead of white linguine because I find it holds more sauce per inch of pasta. :P

My friend Stely recommended the Potato Dumplings in Creamy Tomato Meat Sauce (Gnocchi Cardinale) and boy was I glad we ordered this. These were little nuggets of potato carbolicious heaven.

My least favourite dish (which bee tee dubs was in no way shape or form, bad) was the Turkey Stuffed Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce and Capicola (Tortellini Alla Panna) only because the turkey was a bit dry and indistinguishable. The sauce though was da bomb. Creamy, smooth, and born to make lactose intolerant people cry.

The 'Hater' of the group, Bing, ordered a Spanish Coffee to round out the night. He loved the salt rim and actually enjoyed himself at Anton's that night. Here's hoping I turned him into a Lover.

Service Rating: 3/5
Food Rating: 4/5
Price: $$

Overall Rating: 4/5

Happy Eating!

Annoyed Easy A animated GIF
                            the lineup at Anton's is like...

Anton's Pasta Bar on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...