Kumare (Re-visit)- Yummy Yummy In My Tummy ~ Eating With Kirby

29 April 2012

Kumare (Re-visit)- Yummy Yummy In My Tummy

This is a revisit post on Kumare in Richmond which is my favourite Filipino restaurant. I reviewed Kumare a while ago and surprisingly it was one of the first posts I’ve ever written on my blog (check it out here).


I noticed a few new items on their menu but unfortunately we didn’t order any this time.

These desserts look a little carb heavy, don’t they? But I bet they are tasty. :P

We ordered a Large Garlic Rice ($4.00) to share and it was actually enough rice for the five of us. I highly recommend the java rice as well if you like flavourful rice.

Honestly, I don’t remember where I heard it from, but someone credible told me that the Dinuguan ($7.50) was good. Dinuguan is pork blood stew and when I suggested it, half the table went “Ewww!!”. However, we somehow ended up ordering it which was perfect because I was very excited to try it! I love eating innards. When it comes to animals, I’m a ‘eat-every-part-of-the-animal-or-else-don’t-kill-it” type of person. Everyone who tried this thought it was surprisingly good and not repulsive at all.

The Sizzling Pork Sisig ($8.00) is always a must have whenever my friends and I go to Kumare. It contained minced pork served on a hot plate with an egg cracked on top. The word pork here is used very loosely though as it not only contains the meat, but also snout, ear, guts...etc. Awesome. :)

Their BBQ Chicken ($3.75) and BBQ Pork ($3.25) skewers are delicious and always grilled perfectly.

In our attempt to get some veggies into our diet, we ordered the Laing ($8.00) which are taro leaves cooked in spicy coconut milk. The closest thing I can relate this to is creamed spinach but it honestly tastes completely different. It was delightfully creamy and goes so well with rice. Love <3

Last was the Lechon Kawali ($8.00) and it was nothing short of the spectacular deep fried fat I envisioned. It tastes like “siu yok” which is roasted pork but instead it is deep fried. This is an heavy dish so I recommend sharing this with many people.

The meat was pretty tender, mostly because it was surrounded by so much fat. 

Service Rating: 2.5/5
Food Rating: 4/5
Price: $-$$

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Happy Eating!

Kumare Restaurant & Bakery on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...