Dougie Dog- Donut Burger and Mac N' Cheese Hot Dog ~ Eating With Kirby

25 May 2012

Dougie Dog- Donut Burger and Mac N' Cheese Hot Dog

I was working one day and realized that Dougie Dog, the hot dog food truck stopped by and started selling hot dogs right in front of our building!


They purposely came to Richmond for the Rick Hansen Relay event, and on that day, all profit they received from sales were donated to charity. That was one of the reasons why I ended up getting a hot dog from here even after I just had lunch!

Their menu was fascinating and I had the hardest time deciding what to get! My coworker bragged about how awesome the Charlie Mac Dog ($8.00) was so I couldn’t resist and ordered that as well. By the way, read what's in the “Donut Burger”... O.O Now THAT is a monstrosity.

I really appreciated how they use eco friendly forks.

I actually got the Charlie Mac Dog to-go because I really couldn’t stomach another big meal right after my lunch. The Charlie Mac Dog consists of crispy bacon, homemade macaroni and cheese, and melted cheddar cheese.  I know, it’s carb and meat overload. But it was oh so good.

I wanted to keep it warm so I left it in my toaster oven and it ended up baking the mac and cheese a bit. This is what it looked like after and it was pretty good baked!

On a side note, I have to say Dougie (owner) is a class act. He gives amazing customer service and makes every customer feel special and cared for. I witnessed a particularly sweet and generous thing that Dougie did for a certain customer and honestly, I would go back just to support him and his business. He deserves it.

Service Rating: 5/5
Food Rating: 3.5/5
Price: $

Overall Rating: 4/5

Happy Eating!

Dougiedog on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...