The Naam- Popeye Pita Pizza For The Win! ~ Eating With Kirby

2 May 2012

The Naam- Popeye Pita Pizza For The Win!

The Naam is a vegetarian eatery that is open 24 hours a day. A lot of people have been raving about the food there so I have wanted to try it out for quite some time now.


The one thing I had to try from their menu was the dragon bowl. It looked and sounded delicious and healthy!

The lineup for Naam was quite long, about 30 minutes or so, and the tables were really cramped together.

Trixie’s chair was even broken but she managed to sit on it throughout the meal without it breaking on her.

I LOVE how they provide the honey bear and brown sugar on the table. Much healthier than traditional white sugar!

For the three of us, we shared the Chili –Bowl ($5.95), the Gold Dragon ($10.95), and the Popeye Pizza-Small ($9.95). We purposely ordered two and a half items because we wanted to leave room for dessert. :D

This gold dragon bowl consisted of “A delicious mix of Naam fries, cheese, miso gravy, steamed veggies, sprouts, carrots, and deep fried tofu”. Overall, I thought it was pretty good with nice flavour coming from the miso gravy.

The naam fries were not as spectacular as I anticipated because the wedges were so huge that it tasted more like roasted potatoes.

All three of us fell in love with the Popeye pizza. It might have been the pound of melted cheese on top that made it so good, but honestly, I didn’t feel an ounce of guilt from eating this. I particularly loved the sprouts because it tasted great on top of my pizza.

The spinach, onions, and mushrooms were all fresh and abundant, the cheese was perfectly melty, and the pita made for a great pizza crust.

The bowl of black bean chili was pretty good although we found it a bit spicy for our taste. Call me weird but I prefer the Tim Horton’s chili over this one. :P

Misu had an intense craving for Pumpkin Pie ($6.50) so we ordered a slice to ease her mind and satisfy her stomach. :D

The pie was a tad expensive but the slices are big so no complaints here. The filling was really delicious and it tasted oh so delicious with whipped cream.

We shared another dessert, the Hot Apple Crisp ($5.95), which we had high expectations for because the menu praised this to be ‘their’ dessert.

I thought it was pretty good but not as good as the pumpkin pie. I did however enjoy the whole almonds that were in the pie as I don’t see that very often.

Just a warning, after the meal, Trixie had an intense stomachache and became sick. I'm pretty sure it was something she ate at Naam but since Misu and I were okay, we weren't sure what specifically it was.

Service Rating: 4/5
Food Rating: 3.5/5
Price: $$

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Happy Eating!

Naam on Urbanspoon

1 reacties:

  1. Is there a branch where we could ask a delivery cary NC? It's no doubt that your foods are really delicious and my sister got a good review from your restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...