Hakkaku Ramen- Tastes like a Yummy Garden. ~ Eating With Kirby

28 April 2013

Hakkaku Ramen- Tastes like a Yummy Garden.

Weird name, I know. I will explain the reasoning behind this name a little later.

Hakkaku Ramen is located in North Burnaby which is great for locals because they no longer have to venture too far to find a decent ramen place.

They have a parking lot in the back so I would advise you to park there instead as street parking is limited.

It has a very mom and pop feel to the restaurant. Unlike downtown ramen restaurants with open kitchens and screaming staff, you won't find any of that fancy stuff going on here.

Meta Knight ordered the Light Shio w/ Fat Chashu Ramen + Extra Chashu ($8.45) and I think he kind of regretted not getting the Shoyu broth because it lacked a bit of flavour. At the same time, he chose the 'light' version of broth so maybe that's why.

His chashu on the other hand was quite delicious and fatty without being overly oily.

I ordered the Shoyu Veggie Ramen ($7.95) and boy did it surprise me when it arrived at the table. I was honestly expecting a very lackluster veggie ramen from this place but because I was feeling healthy that day, I didn't want to go with anything else. The abundance of veggies in my ramen made it look like I was eating a garden! A yummy garden that is.

Look at all those veggies! :D This was heaven for me. Honestly. I actually had to pack 1/3 of it home because it was that filling.

All in all, Kakkaku Ramen serves up some decent ramen at an affordable price so I would definitely come back whenever I'm in the area and craving some piping hot noodles in soup.  

Service Rating; 3/5
Food Rating; 3.5/5
Price: $

Overall Rating; 3.5/5

Happy Eating!


courtesy of http://veryhilarious.com/just-ramen/
Hakkaku Ramen on Urbanspoon

2 reacties:

  1. Thanks for the post - great info and photos! I'm taking a big group tomorrow for the first time - one had asked about parking and had told them to street park as I didn't know about the parking lot! Also good to know the size of the restaurant! Food looks good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed my post!! :D Hope everyone will have a great time there and let me know what you thought of it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...