Jean Philippe (Las Vegas)- A Feast For the Eyes ~ Eating With Kirby

18 April 2013

Jean Philippe (Las Vegas)- A Feast For the Eyes

Ever since I discovered Jean Philippe on my last trip to Vegas, I deeply regretted not trying out any of their ridiculously looking patisseries and desserts. This time, I MADE SURE Meta Knight and I hit this place up before we left for home.

Can you see this guys?? How can you not want to eat it?

Jean Philippe is located inside the Bellagio hotel. The decor is bright, the colours are bright, and it just screams 'Come over here and eat some sugar!'.

Apparently, this is the largest chocolate fountain in the world. It has a combination of all three chocolates: white, milk, and dark. You can even see the Guinness World Records plaque on the side of it for proof!

Their pastries and desserts seem to refill throughout the day so you know you will always be getting something fresh. Check out the rose macaron dessert on the right... what a beauty.

Unfortunately, Meta Knight and I went to a few buffets for dinner so we ended up having dessert at the buffet and never getting the opportunity to try these out.

We, on the other hand, came here for a quick breakfast right before our flight. Since it was 8am in the morning, we only really considered the pastries and hot quiches.

We both ordered the Almond Croissant ($3.75). It came up to $8-ish for the both of us which I found very pricey for two croissants. However.. one must not complain when in Vegas because you obviously know all the prices are inflated. :P

The croissant was quite flaky on the outside with hints of sweetness from the icing sugar and candied almonds.The inside however, was a stark contrast to the light flaky exterior. It was filled with custard so it got very heavy very fast. I had to save half of it for the airplane ride because it was that rich. In my opinion, while these croissants were above average, my favourite croissant is still from L'Opera in Richmond.

For a list of my Vegas eats, check it out here:

Wicked Spoon Buffet - post
Hard Rock Cafe - post
Lobster Me - post
Bellagio Buffet - post
Earl of Sandwich - post

Service Rating: N/A
Food Rating: 3/5
Price: $-$$

Overall Rating: 3/5

Happy Eating!


courtesy of http://cdn.followpics.com/show/266345765432194489_IJ1vQNVm_c.jpg

Jean-Philippe Pâtisserie on Urbanspoon

4 reacties:

  1. What the heck! It looks so amazing I just booked my ticket to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this place! You really have to try more of their desserts next time. He has another location in the Aria now since he's the head pastry chef over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I definitely have to sample more desserts next time!

      Delete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...