Footo Delights- Made With All Natural Ingredients ~ Eating With Kirby

24 November 2011

Footo Delights- Made With All Natural Ingredients

Footo Delights is a local bakery that specializes in fresh-out-of-the-oven (footo) croissants. It is owned and operated by Brenda Yip, an SFU and Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts graduate. All of the pastries and desserts are handmade daily by Brenda and she uses only the most natural ingredients such as fresh eggs, fresh milk, Himalayan crystal salt, fresh yeast...etc.


The bakery is quite small and quaint but its attractive storefront definitely stands out from the neighbouring cafes and restaurants. The store hours are from 7:30am-5:00pm Mon-Fri, so you can pick up a croissant in the morning as breakfast or at night when you get off work.

In addition to selling croissants, they also sell natural frozen yogurt and individual desserts.

They serve drinks such as latte, tea, and hot chocolate. “Ginger Hot Chocolate” and “Canada Iced Wine Tea” sounds very interesting... maybe I should try that next time. :P

The croissants look absolutely scrumptious don’t they?

They also serve croissant sandwiches and this “Papaya Veggie Croissant Sandwich” in particular caught my eye. I like the thought of having fresh healthy vegetables inside a buttery flaky croissant. :P Maybe that’s just my way of trying to eat healthy while not restricting myself to anything haha.

I got the Hazelnut & Chocolate Filled Croissant ($3.25) which contains hazelnut cream and a chocolate stick inside the croissant.

I ate this with Meta Knight later in the day and because we microwaved it, it did not taste very crispy. However, I can imagine that if I ate this at its more ‘fresh’ state, it would have tasted much crispier and flakier. Both the chocolate and hazelnut flavours worked very well together but a little more filling could have satisfied my sweet tooth even more. :P

This was a complimentary Garlic Croissant that was LITERALLY fresh out of the oven when I came. And boy, did it make a big difference.

The croissant was practically steaming when I was pulling it apart and the aroma of fresh garlic filled the air. It was incredibly flaky and very buttery.

I liked this croissant more than the Chocolate and Hazelnut one because there was more filling inside the croissant and it reminded me of garlic bread. I realize that croissants right out of the oven are incomparable to ones that have been out for just even a few hours. So I’d suggest you to tweet Brenda (@footodelights) to find out when the next batch of croissants are ready and get them while they’re hot!

Based on these reasons:
  • they use wholesome, natural ingredients that you'll feel good about
  • get em' while they're hot!!
  • great for breakfast
  • parking is scarce so best to bus (I bused to VCC station)


Service Rating: N/A
Food Rating: 4/5
Price: $

Overall Rating: 4/5

Happy Eating!


Footo Delights on Urbanspoon

2 reacties:

  1. Omg I bought deal vouchers for this place! Haven't gone yet though... Maybe I should go pick some up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. You can always call us 1.5 hr ahead so we can bake Fresh Out of the Oven for you to pick up! (It takes 1hr to proof and 20 mins to bake)

    Krispymilk: if you have not used the vouchers yet, you can always call us to order as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...