The One Restaurant- Fried Chicken Nuggets. Check. GINORMOUS Bubble Tea Slush. Check. ~ Eating With Kirby

22 October 2012

The One Restaurant- Fried Chicken Nuggets. Check. GINORMOUS Bubble Tea Slush. Check.

I honestly don’t know how many “The One” Restaurants there are in the lower mainland but my guess is at least four.  This particular “The One” restaurant is located on Kingsway and is famous for their popular mega tall bubble tea slush.


Yoshi ordered the Chicken Nuggets with Rice ($9.75) and it came with four side dishes. The side dishes were super tiny and I recall him only liking a few out of the four varieties.

He really enjoyed the chicken nuggets as they were crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. He didn’t like the fried basil so I ate all of his :P I loveeee fried basil!

For his drink, he chose the Fresh Taro Green Milk Tea ($4.50) and this was surprisingly incredibly good! There was no doubt that they used fresh taro, and in my opinion, it tasted a billion times better than the powdered kind.

If I’m not mistaken, Meta Knight ordered the Deep Fried Fish with Vegetable and Rice ($11.95) which he thought was quite pricey for a bubble tea restaurant. However, when he saw the ginormous portion of fish, he no longer criticized the price. :P

The black pepper sauce that he chose was extremely peppery (a bit too peppery for his liking) but provided a nice sauce for the otherwise dry fish and rice.

As you know, I am such a noodle person... so I opted for the Deep Fried Chicken Nuggets with Noodle Soup ($10.50). I should have shared this with someone because the portion was HUGEEE!!! The bowl of plain noodles itself was already more than enough to satisfy me...


But with the chicken nuggets, I fell into a food coma.

Since it was Meta Knight and my first time here, we decided to go for one of those huge slushes that people always rave about.

We shared the Japanese Green Tea Smoothie ($6.25) and boy was it huge. The slush was more than double the average size of bubble tea slush and if you let it sit for too long, it will start melting all over the place. Thus, we had to instantly cup another glass over it, and break it off to prevent any spill-age. It was a cool experience but the green tea flavour was not very prominent and I remember it being too icy and bland.

Lil Sis went for the Beef Curry with Rice ($9.75) and it also came with rice and four side dishes.

When I asked how it was, she only said, ‘it’s good’ and shrugged her shoulders so I think the curry sauce was just o-kay.

Based on these reasons:
  • mega tall slushes 
  • quite pricey for a bubble tea restaurant
  • food and drinks are decent
Service Rating: 2.5/5
Food Rating: 3/5
Price: $$ ($10-$20)

Overall Rating: 3/5

Happy Eating!


The One Restaurant 美味關係 on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...