Chop Steakhouse- Beautiful Decor, Great Prime Rib ~ Eating With Kirby

21 September 2011

Chop Steakhouse- Beautiful Decor, Great Prime Rib

Chop Steakhouse is one of my favourite restaurants to eat prime rib because they make it really amazing 90% of the time. On one particular visit, my prime rib was horrendously raw but it was because I ate super early (like 4:30-5pm) and their prime rib hadn't been in the oven that long when we ordered.

This time, I went with a bunch of girl friends including Rae, Trixie, Pooh, FW and others for a birthday celebration. The lamp above our booth was so beautiful I just had to take a picture!


I ordered the Sparkling Sangria (around $8.00) and it was topped with a scoop of orange sorbet. It was very tasty and the alcohol content isn't very high which is nice if you don't like that strong kick of alcohol taste in your cocktail.


Rae ordered the Pink Lemonade (around $8.00) and she said it was pretty tasty. I love how the drink is so girly!



Bread and whipped butter. Nothing special but I do appreciate the fact that the bread was warm and very soft.


I obviously had to get my Petite Aged Canadian Prime Rib ($24.00) again. I think I've gotten the prime rib at least four times in a row now! =.= Yeah, I'm loyal. I chose the wasabi infused mashed potatoes as my side and it was amazing. I normally don't like wasabi, but honestly just the hint of it completely put the mashed potatoes on a whole other level.


The au jus that comes with is a perfect compliment to the mashed potatoes. Deee-licious.


Pooh ordered the Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi ($28.00) and it was a disappointment. She said the fish was alright but the greens (arugula and red peppers) were incredibly salty. They were so salty she barely ate any of it.

Here is a picture of their lounge. I love their decor and ambiance... it has a very sophisticated feel to it.

Being girls with unlimited stomach space, a few of us decided to chill on their outside patio after dinner for some dessert. Their patio is the most elaborate patio I have ever seen in a restaurant (although this photo really doesn't do it justice). The booths are huge, incredibly comfy, and they also have heaters, blankets (by request), and an open fire pit in the middle. Oh, they also have a bar outside on the patio as well. Definitely sit on the patio if you have a chance.

We ordered something called Liquid Tiramisu ($6.00) and it contains "creme de cacao, frangelico and coffee topped with mascarpone whipped cream". The mascarpone whipped cream was very unique and tasty, but the coffee part wasn't good at all. In the end, I drank only a few sips.

This is the Raspberry Creme Brulee ($7.75) and it consisted of a white chocolate raspberry creme brulee, a strawberry, and an orange walnut biscotti. I felt the strawberry on it's own should not have occupied a section of the plate as it provided no value to the dish. Perhaps it would've be better if they gave a chocolate covered strawberry? The biscotti was meh. I prefer the biscotti from Blenz coffee over this.

The creme brulee was a fail as well. The caramelized sugar was too thick and the custard underneath lacked depth. If it weren't for the great conversation and company during the dessert,  I'm pretty sure I would have been more disappointed with this.

Based on these reasons:
  • amazing prime rib
  • elegant and sophisticated decor, perfect for a romantic date
  • 'meh' desserts
  • entrees are around the $20-30 range
  • perfect place to have a girls night out (yummy cocktails and appys)


Service Rating: 3.5/5
Food Rating: 3.5/5
Price: $$$$

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Happy Eating!


Chop Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...