La Patisserie- Mooncake Only for Durian Lovers :) ~ Eating With Kirby

10 September 2011

La Patisserie- Mooncake Only for Durian Lovers :)

As we all know, Mid-Autumn festival is coming up in a few days. Here is a wiki link of Mid-Autumn festival if you are interested. 

Just a few days ago, Rae introduced me to this durian mooncake she bought from La Patisserie. We both love durian and she was sure I was gonna love this mooncake. She said they were quite expensive but well worth it. I tried a bite and... oh gosh, she was right. Fresh, soft durian danced around my mouth and I was in heaven. Needless to say, the next day, I went to La Patisserie and bought one. :D


This is the Durian Mooncake ($4.50) and it is quite expensive for a size that is roughly the size of your palm. But again, it is worth every penny. They also sell frozen mooncake in other flavours such as chocolate, taro, mango, black sesame, cantolope, etc.


As you can see, the mooncake is completely frozen when you buy it. I definitely recommend thawing it a bit in the fridge until it is not frozen anymore before eating it. This will greatly enhance the flavours of the durian.

I am not sure what they used as the skin but it held everything together wonderfully without every cracking or falling apart. As for the filling, it seems to be 100% pure durian but they could have added something in the mixture. 


I also ordered the Chocolate Strawberry Eclair ($2.00) during my visit.


It consists of a long cream puff filled with fresh strawberry slices and whipped cream, and then drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with mini chocolate malt balls. It was okay, the cream puff tasted stale though.

I have been to La Patisserie numerous times before to buy slices of cake and some of them are actually pretty good. You can view their selection here. I like their Mocha Rum, Hazelnut Cake, and Black Sesame Cheesecake in particular.


Overall Rating: 3/5

Happy Eating!

courtesy of http://www.oneinchpunch.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/gorgeous-mooncake-2.jpg

La Patisserie 金磨坊西點 on Urbanspoon

3 reacties:

  1. Old post, but I have to comment! I sent the url of this post to my mom before Mid-Autumn Fest because I wanted her to help me buy the mooncakes. And today she bought one of the eclairs for me because she remembered seeing the picture on your blog. hahaha! Thought it was amusing enough to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha wow! Absolutely thanks for sharing! :D so did your mom end up getting any of the durian mooncakes? If not definitely get it next yr cause they are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No!!! They were sold out!!! We only got the red bean one :( I also wanted mango but they sold out as well. :( Next year!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...