Flo Tea Room (Richmond)- Starting To Like This Place More And More ~ Eating With Kirby

19 September 2011

Flo Tea Room (Richmond)- Starting To Like This Place More And More

If you have read my post on Alleluia Cafe, you may have noticed that I called it my "ex-favourite hk style cafe" because of their increased prices and slower service. Nowadays, whenever my family wants a quick and cheap breakfast or lunch, we come to Flo Tea Room instead. Flo used to be 'Ginger and Garlic' which also used to be "Honolulu". 

By the way, this post composes of various visits to Flo (since I come pretty often). This is the Pork Chop in Instant Noodles ($5.50). This is from the breakfast menu and it also comes with a drink.

 This is the breakfast menu, you can click on the pictures to enlarge it.

The pork chop they give you is pretty darn big! It was very juicy and tender, but I don't know if it's just because they put meat tenderizer into it. 



I got the Iced Milk Tea as the drink that comes with the instant noodles. They make the milk teas quite well here so I am never disappointed. 

This is the Preserved Vegetables and Shredded Pork w/ Macaroni in Soup ($3.50). This was originally with vermicelli but you can substitute it what kind of noodles you want. 

Kirma normally gets the Hot Milk Tea, she never says whether it's good or bad so I think it's just average.

For breakfast, I always get their "Hong Kong Breakfast" and I order from the "C" Category in which you can choose a noodle in soup for $3.50. Sometimes, if I am feeling more hungry or want to share more food, I order the "A + C" in which I can add two fried eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, and toast for an additional $2.50.

I ordered from the "A + C" category and got the Soft Pork Ribs w/ Rice Noodle in Soup + Fried Eggs, Bacon, and Toast ($6.00). I love the soft pork ribs because you can eat all the soft bones. The meat is always delicious and their rice noodle (haw fun) is always very fresh tasting. The noodles are so fresh sometimes that I wonder if they make their own haw fun (although it's likely they don't).

This is the fried eggs, bacon, and toast dish from the "A" category. For an additional $2.50, it's a great deal.

 This is their Seafood Cream and Pork Chop Tomato Sauce on Rice and it is roughly $6 or $7 if I remember correctly. There was an abundance of toppings which is great because some HK style cafes really skimp on those.


 This is the Baked Pork Chop On Rice and again is around $6-7. I would have preferred a little melted cheese on top but it is not a big deal. 


I thoroughly enjoyed it and appreciated the chunks of fresh tomato in the sauce. It's a simple touch but I think adding a few fresh ingredients truly make a dish taste THAT much better (and healthier).

Most of the time, I go to Flo for breakfast or lunch but have always noticed their "Prime Rib Special" that is only offered at night from Fri-Sun. I wanted to see if they could even compare with the prime rib from Western restaurants. Their Prime Rib ($11.99 or $12.99 forgot)  was actually pretty tasty! I honestly had really low expectations for it because the price was cheap and it's coming from an HK style cafe. However, the meat was moist, soft, and cooked medium rare, exactly how I liked it. The only downside was that it had a bit more fat which I don't particularly like. This Prime Rib special comes with the entree you see above, a drink, and a soup.

Based on these reasons:
  • their prices have remained relatively low throughout the years
  • the quality of their food is decent for the price you pay
  • they offer a vast variety of food selections
  • don't expect good service here
  • apparently they also do the "Honey Toast Box" which I haven't tried yet (if you have, please leave me a comment below!)

Service Rating: 2.5/5
Food Rating: 4/5
Pricing: $

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Happy Eating!


Flo Tea Room on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...