Bubble Waffle Cafe- ShakeShake Fries, Bubble Waffles, and Fish Soup Noodles ~ Eating With Kirby

22 October 2011

Bubble Waffle Cafe- ShakeShake Fries, Bubble Waffles, and Fish Soup Noodles

I heard from Trixie that “Yuemicka Noodle House” beside Alleluia Cafe recently closed down and changed into “Bubble Waffle Cafe”. She also said they have a grand opening promotion where they give you a free bubble waffle with every order above $15. It’s easily do-able if you come here with one or two people so check this place out because this offer expires on October 30th. *update: offer has expired*

I was quite surprised at the number customers for such a new restaurant! The line up was at least 10-15 minutes for a table.

They serve a bunch of different things... one of them being Teppanyaki Rice.

Something on their menu really captured my attention. It’s called “ShakeShake Fries” and I remember having these at the Hong Kong McDonald’s and they were the bomb!! They’re essentially just fries but you get seasoning (my fav is seaweed). Then you place them in a bag and shake it crazy until the fries are all coated with the seasoning! $4.99 is quite expensive though so I don’t know if I will ever try it but have any of you guys heard of ShakeShake fries before??

They also serve Fish Soup Noodles and it’s exactly the same process as Deer Garden and Cattle Cafe. This place however has a few interesting items on the list that the other competitors do not have.

Kirpa ordered the Lamb Teppanyaki Rice w/ Home Special Soy Sauce ($7.50) and added an egg for $1. His meal comes with a complimentary hot drink as well (cold drinks are a dollar extra). I’m not 100% sure but this looked exactly like the Teppanyaki place at Aberdeen Center food court! Does anybody know if they are owned by the same people?

He said it was alright but the lamb was a bit tough and overcooked.

Kirma ordered the Fish Soup Noodle Combo ($7.50) and got the Parsley & Century Egg Fish Soup as the soup base and Vermicelli as the noodles. For the toppings, she got Pork Blood and Pork Intestine. She had ample ingredients (especially veggies) in her noodles so she liked it a lot.

I ordered the same noodle combo as Kirma but got the Curry Sauce for my soup base and Oil Noodle + Rice Noodle (it’s new!) for my noodles. As for the toppings, I ordered the Fish Skin Dumplings (I think these are new too!) and Red Sausage.


They gave me three pieces of sausage and three dumplings. I believe Deer Garden gives you more but I was fine with the limited toppings because they compensated with veggies (which I like). For people who don’t prefer a lot of veggies and want a good amount of meat, this place might not cut it.

I really liked how they have an option of half oil noodles and half rice noodles! The difference in texture becomes apparent when eating and it’s quite interesting. :P

Here is our complimentary bubble waffle.

The bubble waffle was delicious when it was first brought out! However, if you don’t air it out and let it sit in the bag (as we did), it becomes soggy towards the end of the meal. So the lesson here is: devour your bubble waffle instantly!

Based on these reasons:
  • interesting selection of menu items
  • parking is quite a pain 
  • their fish soup noodle combo is quite worth your value
  • delicious bubble waffle (they have different flavours as well)
  • serves bubble tea
Service Rating: 3/5
Food Rating: 3.5/5
Price: $

Overall Rating: 3/5

Happy Eating!


Bubble Waffle Cafe on Urbanspoon

6 reacties:

  1. I haven't been there since it turned into "Bubble Waffle Cafe", but I remember being impressed by their waffle cake. Is it still available on the menu? That teppanyaki rice looks interesting though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup they should still serve waffle cake because my friend had it there once after they turned into "Bubble Waffle Cafe". I definitely should try that next time I go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed this restaurant today! The menu for the noodles look EXACTLY the same as Deer Garden.. which makes me suspect that it's owned by them?

    Maybe they joined forces with the Aberdeen Teppanyaki and made this store... hahaha!

    And bubble waffles -- I think I may have found a really good place, though can't say for sure since I only got one piece :( It was at Sweet Bubble, next to BMO on No.3. They use a cooling rack, so it won't become soggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Sweet Bubble before! I'll keep it on my food radar haha thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends and I went there for their bubble teas, and were EXTREMELY disappointed! The most disgusting bubble teas ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww really? That's sad to hear :( I havent heard many good reviews about this place so I wonder how long they'll last :|

      Delete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...