Burgoo (Main)- They Make Delicious Grilled Cheese ~ Eating With Kirby

16 October 2011

Burgoo (Main)- They Make Delicious Grilled Cheese

One day after working out with a few friends, we decided to go to Burgoo on Main for lunch. There was a bit of a wait but since the sun was out and shining, it wasn’t too bad waiting outside. If it weren’t so cold, we would have even considered sitting on the patio.

As we were waiting for a table, we scanned the menu and pretty much all of us knew what to order before we even sat down! Haha

The interior was quite cozy and the restaurant was a lot smaller than I had expected.

Burgoo’s tagline is “food for comfort” and my friend told me they specialize in comfort food from around the world. It sounds like a pretty interesting concept, no?

All of us opted for the Soup and Sandwich Combo ($15.00) and I chose the Crab Bisque and Tastier Chicken. I would recommend getting this combo because ordering a cup of soup on its own is already $8 and a sandwich is $12 so you might as well get both for cheaper!

The Tastier Chicken contained “roasted chicken, melted Brie, apple, cucumber, red onion and greens with house Dijon, served on multigrain”. It tasted quite healthy and I liked the combination of ingredients. The multigrain bread was good but a bit on the thicker side and was not as fresh as the baguettes from Chez Meme.

I also wish I could have tasted more of the Brie cheese because it went unnoticed beneath the overwhelmingly large pieces of chicken. Otherwise, it was a pretty good sandwich.

The Crab Bisque was described as “smooth crab and red pepper cream bisque scented with tarragon, finished with chopped parsley”. Surprisingly it didn’t live up to my expectations. For a bisque, it was too runny and I didn’t feel like it could compare to the other lobster/shrimp/crab bisques I’ve had in the past. However, they give you a HUGE serving of soup so you will definitely be full off it.

Two of them ordered the Sunset Corn and Chicken soup with the Dos Diablos sandwich. Man, I totally should have ordered this! Their corn and chicken soup was incredibly tasty and their sandwich was like gooey cheesy heaven. I should have taken another picture of the grilled cheese because that’s a winner right there. However, I’d probably share this with someone because the sandwich gets very heavy after a few bites.

The total damage for me was $19 which I consider is quite expensive for lunch.  Nonetheless, it was a satisfying lunch and by the end of the meal, all of us just wanted to sleep. zzZ 

Service Rating: 4/5
Food Rating: 4/5
Price: $$ ($10-$20)

Overall Rating: 4/5

Happy Eating!


Burgoo (Main Street) on Urbanspoon

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...